Followers

http://lizzytishblog.blogspot.com's Fan Box

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Foyer Rug

The foyer painting is underway and I'm really happy with the Walnut color. Although, I discovered that Home Depot is discontinuing Ralph Lauren paint so I had to have it color-matched with Behr Ultra Premium. I'm very happy with this new paint. It has primer mixed in and I can probably get away with just one coat on the rolled areas.

Now I'm looking for a new runner. I can do a 5x7 in front of the door, but because I'm going to place an antique chair and ceramic garden stool there, I want to balance with some pattern down the long, narrow part of the hall.

Here are some I'm considering: Above, from West Elm.




Above, from World Market. I like the touches of color - they would help tie it into my surrounding rooms, including the red dining room.
The rest are from Ballard Designs; another plus here is that I get a designer discount and upgraded shipping. Above, crewel work is back in a big way and a nice mix between traditional and modern.
I wouldn't mind adding some blue to the foyer with this one, but it might be too modern.
I love the poetry rug! The neutral colors tone it down a bit, and I like the uniqueness of it.


Two different views of an indoor/outdoor from Ballard. It's made from recycled plastic bottles! Love the pattern but I'm afraid it might not have enough weight to it.

What do you think?

No comments: