Followers

http://lizzytishblog.blogspot.com's Fan Box

Friday, August 27, 2010

Before and After

Here is my dining room as it looked when we first walked through our house. As is the trend (which I disagree with), the owner had "neutralized" everything, so it was a very boring white on white that did not show off the great mouldings at all. I did it a traditional red as I love a cozy dining room, and man is it easy to decorate for Christmas! My little key lime trees have done really well in front of the windows and have grown several feet since I got them. I chose not to do curtains because I like the natural look of the trees against the windows and feel like that is enough decoration.

The chandelier is from Ballard Designs about three years ago. The black and white prints are photos I took in Sydney, Australia and had printed on canvas at Kinko's. I have two leaves for the dining room table, but like to leave them out for every day. We have lots of nice extended-family dinners in this room, and I can't wait for the holidays already!

No comments: