Followers

http://lizzytishblog.blogspot.com's Fan Box

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Archived restaurant reviews-Lakeside Tavern

Review #2 is from November 30, 2007:
Went for a post-party snack last night. Enjoyed the atmosphere in the bar, which has a huge, beautifully lit Christmas tree. Enjoyed a really nice Coppola claret -- I've never been disappointed by a Coppola! My friend and I shared the "wedge," which I've never been a huge fan of, but it was nice and crisp with a good blue cheese dressing and some bacon sprinkles. We also shared the ahi tuna appetizer, which they serve on a bed of fried wontons with wasabi. It was perfectly seared and the wasabi had just the right amount of spice (for me that means quite spicy!). Our 12-year-old friend had a cup of clam chowder that she only half-finished, and I'm not sure if that was due to the quality of the chowder or the capacity of the 12-year-old, so the jury remains out on that one. I can recommend Lakeside, but it always drives me insane that the first "signature dish" they list on the menu is chicken fingers! That is just SO Knoxville!

No comments: