Followers

http://lizzytishblog.blogspot.com's Fan Box

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fish Tacos

Still on a cookbook kick: even though I talked about always using Epicurious, yesterday I pulled out my Susan Branch "Summer" cookbook for some inspiration. She has so many great ideas for using the fresh seasonal produce from our gardens and farmer's markets and I've never been disappointed with any of her recipes.


I actually didn't follow Susan's recipe exactly...I was going to do my own thing but it turned out the package of flour tortillas I brought home had a great fish taco recipe on the back, so I used their marinade and I'm really glad I did - it was great!


Here is my pasted-together final version:


flour tortillas
tilapia filets
fresh lime juice
dried oregano
chili powder
fresh garlic
olive oil
fresh tomato or fruit salsa
avocado
sour cream


Combine the lime juice, herbs, garlic and olive oil in a small bowl and brush onto both sides of the fish. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes up to several hours. Grill tilapia until flaky and opaque. Pile all ingredients into a warmed tortilla. *I use lots of cilantro in my homemade salsa, but if yours doesn't you might want to add some  fresh cilantro to your taco for the freshest taste.


It didn't occur to me to take a photo, so I'm cheating and using one from Google Images that looks a lot like mine did!

No comments: